Saturday, February 19, 2011

Struggling

Struggling with my own emotion, fighting with my own self. Often, my heart, mind go against each other. Justifying choices and decisions that i am going to make, the impact, on me and others , now or later.

Well, that' s my struggle of whether to go; or not to go to work; to take an emergency leave or not. When i had headache, tummy pain, or just a mild fever, can i just take an emergency leave? But what if the pain goes away after that? Will that sounds wrong?What about working with passion? intention? niat..as posted in one of my entries before...what a shame.

Fighting, and so far my mind wins the battle.But, it was not an easy one. So, finally i wake up, iron my clothes, grab some breakfast, greet my parents and off to work, praying to HIM to give me the passion, the focus and the sincerity.



On my way to work,

I will pass a wooden self made stall at the side road not far from my housing area.A small one but enough for people to have their quick breakfast before heading off to work. Their Nasi Lemak is the best! I remembered not too long ago, it was a smaller stall where they only sell Pisang Goreng. Their BEAUTIFUL daughter was always there to help her parents out. I figured that the daughter is younger than me, and probably girls at her age should now be in college enjoying their varsity life. Well, maybe that is their struggle, working everyday, fighting with the economy, working out for more income, so that one day, the BEAUTIFUL young lady can be together with her friends studying.

Oftentimes, i see a middle aged man cycling at the main road. He works as a lawn mower at houses and schools near my residency. Sometimes, when the weather was unfriendly, i saw him cycling hard and fast so that he will reach his work place before rain starts pouring down. The wrinkles on his face, the look from his eyes, the sweats from his forehead, i see responsibility, hope, determination, focus and strength. Struggling everyday to feed hungry mouth at home.

As i reach my workplace which is a hospital, walking towards the punch card machine, i have to go to the lobby; there, i will see family members, waiting at the entrance, persuading the security guard to allow them to see their loved ones in the ward. Also, i see old couples, with their bag of medicines, having breakfast at the cafeteria. They came early to the hospital for their doctor's appointment. At the emergency department, i see ill people, very ill people waiting for their turn to be attended by the hospital staff. Well, that is their struggle. Struggling not to get sick, struggling to stay healthy, struggling for their loved ones. STRUGGLING...

Can i compare them with my struggle?


3 comments:

Haziah Salleh said...

huhu their struggle is like beyond compare girl.. Aku pon kadang2 rse malu sbb owez merungut.. when I saw these struggling people, suddenly I feel my burden is not as heavy as theirs.. Keep struggling! (^^)/

shifaa said...

yea, struggling to maintain postive....

ateeqa Y. said...

hey..i love this post...it motivated me to work