Wednesday, September 7, 2022

My Perfect Roomate~loneliness

So, alhamdulillah my husband subscribed iqiy so, we can enjoy various movies for free without interruption. 

Well, I just finished watching My Perfect Roomate, a Korean movie.  It s totally not my husband's genre, so he fell asleep even before the movie begins. This time, I just continue watching. It has been so long since a enjoy watching movies and dramas alone on a laptop. Well after being married, I tend to settle with genre that interest both of us. I have to say 'I' instead of 'We' because I think I have wider range of genres that I can enjoy. 

Being in a community pharmacy (ohhh now it s really not a good time thinking about it, because I need to focus on business aspect of it which is not so overwhelming - overwhelming is good~ the humanity aspect of it that keeps me going)

There are so many stories, a real one that I feel that I can share. Sometimes I wish that I can just straight away write a poem, so my readers (chewah) can get the message without being disrespectful towards the real person in my story. 

Back to the movie. It s quite slow movie, but I love the vivid and detail point that they highlight, such as how the meals are cooked, the house is cleaned and all. Okay so the movie is actually a story of a relationship of a lonely old lady who was a nurse in Germany, and now came back to Korea and live alone in her comfortable house. Typical of elderly, not only Koreans, but also Malays, they are very careful in earning and spending money. So she joined a program where a student can stay and pay rent in her house. So Jiwoong ia a very nice, thoughtful, sincere student from Seoul University, is the one who stay with her. Jiwoong is also a lonely young man, raised in an orphanage. So the movie is about them living together, both has trauma in the past, and how they overcome them and finally decide to become a family. 

Loneliness is real. 

There is one lady, who is actually in the same age of mine, used to took care of her sick mother and grandmother. Her whole day was busy from ensuring they have enough supplies of medicines, diapers, proper food that is healthy and tasty, making sure that they don't miss the hospital appointments. Comparing price for their basic healthcare needs. And yes raising her own children too. Her whole days was packed. And now, her children already in secondary school, her mother and grandmother has passed away. And now she is so free. Of course her husband is there too. But, she just feel that it very lonely. She told me, yes we really need to learn to live in lonliness. Somehow I just felt so touched. 

Kadang kadang kesibukan, kelelahan, segala kepayahan itulah Yang membuat Kita hidup. 


Well I have elderly customers too, who love to come and have a long chat with us. Sometimes, the conversation can drag up to almost an hour. I keep reminding myself and my staff that, if talking to us help them to cope with their lonliness, then just hold your breath, cover your 'menguap' underneath your mask. And trust yourself that you have done a good deed. 

Kadang kadang Kita tak tahu kehidupan Kita Di Hari Tua bagaimana. Kita mula mengulang ulang cerita Yang Sama, Dan mereka Yang mendengar berusaha untuk kekal sopan Dan menghormati. 

Kerana itu lah, akhirat itulah Yang abadi. Tiada Rasa bosan, tiada Rasa sunyi, Rasa gembira, seronok, tentang, puas selama lamanya. 

La hawla wala quwwata illabillah



No comments: